Monday, January 5

In between posts...

I haven't written since my first snowboarding adventure, but trust me, I've had plenty to do, with it being a holiday and all...among my activities:

-Teaching a fellow 'merican to crochet!

-Snowboarding - two days, the 3rd and 4th, and I was attacking moguls and going proper way first on the board and getting speedy and then controlling speed. No terrible falls this time, which is probably why I managed two days of it.

-HAPPY NEW YEAR! party in Yonago with Keiko and the gang. Through my elite Japanese skill set I managed to meet and hold conversations with numerous people, and got a new friend out of it.

-Watched TV in Japanese with Japanese people. This is the only way I can stand watching Japanese TV, because so much of it escapes me, but with a Japanese person there I can ask questions when I have them. Also, Japanese commercials are some of the most amusing in the world. (Livin-GUUU)

-Reconnected with the local foreign crowd, and the prefectural one. This was nice, because while I love my Japanese friends, it's not like they want to hang out with me every day and I also enjoy just speaking in English to people who understand me without any difficulty.

-DIDN'T travel at all and feel happier for it. I feel like if I had left, I would have only missed on a bunch of opportunities.

So, how about you? Good holiday?

1 comment:

Micquilter said...

Sounds like a whole lot of fun. You sure did make the most of your time off. Here we had a great visit with Greg over Christmas. And rang in the New Year at the Parson's with several friends. Love, MUM