Monday, December 22

The days shall now commence their lengthening.

Having reached the darkest and dimmest day of the year intact, I say with some conviction that I am looking forward to the new dawn of warmth and happiness and longer days.

I celebrated the winter solstice by getting myself my Christmas present (BTW, I got myself snowboarding clothes. AWESOME jacket, pants, gloves, and thermals. Keiko and Emerson and who knows who else are going to turn me into a SWEET AWESOME COOL snowboarding superhero, just you watch.)

Today was really great. I reinstalled Starcraft which will be ok as long as I remember to leave room in my life for doing other things. Thanks to a little help from my friend, I now have a clean house. (We even took care of the mold that was on the top of the fridge since I moved in...oy.) I was so happy tonight I kept dancing around my room...because there was room for it! Clean houses make the long dark winter seem less desperate.

Also despite the temperature not breaking 55 F (13 C) today, I haven't had the heater on since over 30 hours ago. And I haven't really gotten cold at all. I feel as though I'm running an experiment on myself to see if I can hack winter.

1 comment:

Micquilter said...

I am looking forward to seeing photos of this 'Sweet Awesome Cool snowboarding superhero' in her new snowboarding attire. Enjoy your day of snowboarding!! Love, MUM

PS: I too have always found that a clean home helps to lift my spirits.