Wednesday, February 18

Japanese Language Proficiency Test - 不合格

I've failed my JLPT.

I found out on Monday and I've been sitting on the info, stewing.

It came down to I couldn't pass the reading and grammar portion. That portion you get 70 minutes to read passages in Japanese and answer reading comprehension questions and also choose the appropriate grammar for umpteen sentences. Something I find so easy and instinctual in English but haven't gotten too good at in Japanese yet.

But there will be another test. And I will pass it.

Score rundown:
Kanji/Vocabulary 60/100 (pass!)
Listening 70/100 (good pass!)
Reading/Grammar 76/200 (UTTER FAILURE)
Total 206/400

I would have needed a 240/400 to pass, so it's not all too far out of reach. Even if I never crack 50% on the Reading/Grammar section.

2 comments:

Micquilter said...

Sorry to hear you did not pass. Your score is still great for a first pass at the test. I am sure you will pass next time. Hugs, MUM

ジョーイ・エドワーズ said...

Keep at it. がんばって。

Sorry haven't touched Japanese in two years.